Voter Registration & Elections
Nov. 7, 2017 General Election
How to Avoid Standing in Line:
Vote absentee (if unable to stand in long lines) or vote in the afternoon at the polls.
- Register, update your information or request an absentee ballot
- Military and oversees 100-day notice
- November 2017 Candidate List (PDF)
- Virginia Absentee Ballot Application Form (PDF)
- Style 1: Powhatan A - Powhatan B - Powhatan C - Powhatan D
- Style 2: Berkeley B - Berkeley C - Stonehouse A - Stonehouse B - Stonehouse C
- Style 3: Berkeley A - Berkeley D - Roberts A - Roberts B - Roberts C - Roberts D
- Style 4: Jamestown B - Jamestown C - Jamestown D
- Style 5: Jamestown A
About the General Registrar
The General Registrar registers voters and updates records of voters for changes of address and administers elections with the Electoral Board, whose primary responsibility is to oversee the elections. The General Registrar is appointed by the Electoral Board, whose members are appointed by the Circuit Court Judge for 3-year staggered terms. Two members represent the political party receiving the most votes in the last gubernatorial election and 1 member represents the party receiving the second-highest votes.