Road and utility emergency information
Road closings and fallen trees
VDOT is responsible for roads in JCC and should be notified if a roadway is blocked by flood waters or trees. VDOT can also help with culvert cleaning, pothole patching, water drainage, guard rail replacement, bridge work, signs, traffic lights, animal, and tree or trash removal.
Power outages and restoration
Virginia Dominion Power is responsible for downed power lines and restoration of electricity. Here are some important steps for customers to remember:
- Dominion's toll-free service number is 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357).
- Call if you lose power and use the automated reporting system for fastest access.
- Treat all downed lines and anything touching them as energized and dangerous. Be sure your children know the danger.
- Keep needed supplies such as flashlights, water, medicines, portable radios, extra batteries and canned goods on hand.
- Look after neighbors and relatives who may need assistance if they lose power.
For more information, visit www.dom.com.
Water and Sewer