Housing & Community
5320 Palmer Lane, Suite 1A
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Virginia’s Fair Housing Law
Virginia’s fair housing law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, elderliness, familial status, and handicap. For more information, click here!
Office of Housing and Community Development
Welcome to the James City County Office of Housing and Community Development’s website. The staff takes great pride in providing the most effective and efficient service to our citizens in need.
The division is charged with addressing affordable housing and neighborhood improvement needs and works closely with federal, state, other local agencies, community organizations and the private sector to offer a wide range of housing assistance services to low- and moderate-income County residents.
The following is a summary of the programs administered by the Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD):
- Apartment Listing
- Home Energy Loss Prevention (HELP)
- Emergency Home Repair Program (EHRP)
- First-Time Homebuyers
- Homebuyer Education Classes
- Flood Mitigation
- Housing Conditions Study
- HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies
- Indoor Plumbing/Housing Rehabilitation (IPR)
- Lead Based Paint (applies to all programs)
- Community Development Block Grant
- Rental Assistance Programs
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)