Effective October 24: Please note that before accepting applications for building permits, County staff will verify that all real estate taxes owed for the subject properties have been paid in full in accordance with Section 24-24. The certification can be completed by staff while you wait. If it is found that real estate taxes have not been paid, the application will not be accepted. If you are unsure if your payments are up-to-date, please contact the County Treasurer at 757-253-6705 or Satellite Services at 757-564-2160. If you have questions about this requirement, please contact the Building Permits & Safety Division at 757-253-6626 or Satellite Services at 757-564-2160.
Satellite Services is a branch office offering County government services, select DMV services, and information to the citizens of the County.
- Directions: Forge Road, Route 610, off Route 60, in James City County Office Building (Emergency Operations Center - EOC) next to Fire Station 1.
- Real Estate Taxes
- Personal Property Taxes
- Sale of Convenience Center Books
- Sale of Dog Tags
- Recreation Registrations
- Issuing of Building and Accessory Permits
- Application for Business License
- Voter Registration
- Purchase of History Books (Keystone to the Commonwealth)
- Notary Public Service
- Collection of JCSA/HRSD Combined Water Bills
- After-Hours Drop Box
Applications for Titling and Registration of Motor Vehicles
- Issue Motor Vehicle Titles, License Plates and/or Decals
- Issue Handicap Placards
- Driver Transcripts and more
- For more information, please call 804-497-7100
We do not process Virginia Driver's Licenses or Identification Cards.