James City Government
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Hours of Operation may vary
in some areas!
A G E N D A
September 6, 2000 - 7:00 p.m.
- ROLL CALL
- MINUTES: Meeting of August 7, 2000
- DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE REPORT (Separate Cover)
- INITIATING RESOLUTION FOR ZONING ORDINANCE AMENDMENT
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- A. Case No. Z-7-99/SUP-24-99. Griesenauer Residential Cluster - Mr. Joseph S. Terrell, Sr., has applied on behalf of Mr. Paul Griesenauer to rezone 24 acres from R-8, Rural Residential to R-2, General Residential, and for a special use permit for a residential cluster with a maximum gross density of more than one unit per acre. The site is located at 248 Ingram Road, at the north end of Ingram Road and at the end of Powhatan Springs Road. The site is designated Low-Density Residential on the Comprehensive Plan Land Use Map and is further identified as Parcel No. (1-15) on James City County Real Estate Tax Map No. (46-2). The project proposes a density of 2.71 dwelling units per acre. Map Proffer Agreement Attachment 1, Attachment 2, Attachment 3, Attachment 4, Attachment 5, Attachment 6, Attachment 7, Attachment 8, Attachment 9 (Denied 5-2)
- B. Case No. SUP-8-00/SUP-9-00. Lee Bickford Borrow Pit - Mr. Vernon Geddy, III, has applied on behalf of Branscome Enterprises and Sanifill of VA, Inc., to amend the conditions of SUP-30-97 and SUP-31-97 to allow for the continued operation of borrow pits located on property adjacent to the Greenmount Tract. The property is zoned M2, General Industrial, and can be further identified as Parcel Nos. (1-3) and (1-2) on the James City County Real Estate Tax Map No. (60-3). Map 1, Map 2, Map 3, Attachment 1, Attachment 2, Attachment 3 (Approved 6-0)
- C. Case No. SUP-18-00. A Little Space Day Care and Child Development Center - Laura Finley, on behalf of G. Square Incorporated, has applied for a special use permit to allow a child day care center. The proposed location is an existing structure located at 4007 Ironbound Road. The property is zoned R-8, Rural Residential, and is designated Mixed Use on the Comprehensive Plan Land Use Map. The property can be further identified as Parcel No. (38-4) on the James City County Real Estate Tax Map No. (1-2). Map, Attachment 1, Attachment 2 (Approved 7-0)
- D. Case No. SUP-19-00. Wellspring United Methodist Church - Mr. William F. Hinson, Jr., on behalf of Wellspring United Methodist Church, has applied for a special use permit to allow the construction of approximately 3,745 square feet of additions to the existing house of worship located at 4871 Longhill Road. Houses of worship require an SUP in the R-2 zoning district and an expansion of a specially permitted use also requires an SUP. The property is zoned R-2, General Residential, and is designated Low Density Residential on the Comprehensive Plan Land Use Map. The property can be further identified as Parcel No. (1-31) on the James City County Real Estate Tax Map No. (32-4). Map 1, Map 2 (Approved 7-0)
- E. Case No. Z-3-00. Ironbound Village - Vernon Geddy, on behalf of Robert L. Turlington, has applied for the rezoning of 7.75 acres of property located at the intersection of Ironbound Road and Magazine Road for a mixed used development. This mixed use development proposal includes up to 13,250 square feet of office space, 23 single-family residential lots, six apartments and seven townhomes, with residential units to be used for affordable housing. The property is currently zoned R-2 and can further be identified as Parcel Nos. (1-47) and (1-47A) on the James City County Real Estate Tax Map No. (39-1). (Deferred to October 2, 2000)
- F. Case No. ZO-1-00. Exterior Signs Amendment - An ordinance to amend and reordain Chapter 24, Zoning, of the Code of the County of James City, Virginia, by amending Article II, Special Regulations, Division 3, Exterior Signs, Section 24-70, Freestanding signs. The purpose of this amendment is to increase the permitted area of freestanding signs for industrial uses in industrial parks. Attachment 1 (Denied 7-0)
- PLANNING DIRECTOR'S REPORT
The cases may not be heard in the order in which they appear.
All agendas are posted on this web site the Friday before each meeting.
Channel 48 Program Note: meetings are reshown at 8 p.m. the day after the actual meeting and the following Saturday and Sunday at 8 p.m. Board of Supervisors Work Sessions are reshown at 8 a.m. the day after the actual meeting and the following Saturday and Sunday at 8 a.m. Planning Commission meetings are reshown at 8 a.m. the day after the actual meeting and the following Friday at both 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.