Real Estate Assessments
101-F Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
P.O. Box 8784
Williamsburg, VA 23187
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Real Estate Assessments Division
The establishment of the Real Estate Assessments Division (Division) was enabled in 1974 by the Virginia Code with the passage of Section 58.1-3274. Real Estate Assessments is one of four divisions of the Department of Financial Management and Services. The Division, including the GIS/Mapping Section, is located at the JCC Government Center, Building F.
The functions and responsibilities of the Division include:
- Producing biennial assessment of JCC real estate - including the departmental review of assessment process (appeal process)
- Providing property information to the public and JCC staff - including an internet website, informational reports and GIS (Geographic Information System) - produced maps
- Administering real property tax exemptions
- Providing administrative support to the JCC Board of Equalization
- Creating the JCC Land Book annually
Departmental Review of Assessments - Property reassessment reviews may be requested until March 31, 2014, by calling 757-253-6650 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Board of Equalization Assessment Appeal - Property owners dissatisfied with the outcome of the review may appeal until April 30, 2014.
Change of address forms, Authorized agent forms, Assessment appeal forms, Exemption forms, Abatement forms and more forms >>
- Land Use Program and Tax Relief Program
- Real Estate Taxes and Tax Rates/Payment of Real Estate Taxes
- Property Information Internet Web Site