Real Estate Assessments
101-F Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
P.O. Box 8784
Williamsburg, VA 23187
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Real Estate Assessments Division
The Real Estate Assessments Division was established in 1974 by the Virginia Code with the passage of Section 58.1-3274. It is one of four divisions of the Department of Financial Management and Services. The Division, including the GIS/Mapping Section, is located at the JCC Government Center in Building F.
The functions and responsibilities of the Division include:
- Producing biennial assessment of JCC real estate - including the departmental review of assessment process (appeal process)
- Providing property information to the public and JCC staff - including an internet website, informational reports and GIS (Geographic Information System) - produced maps
- Providing administrative support to the JCC Board of Equalization
- Creating the anual JCC Land Book
Change of address forms, Authorized agent forms, Assessment appeal forms, Exemption forms, Abatement forms and other forms can be found here >>
- Property Information Website
- Real Estate Taxes and Tax Rates/Payment of Real Estate Taxes
- Land Use Program and Tax Relief Program