James City Service Authority
119 Tewning Rd. Williamsburg, VA 23188
"Let's be Water Smart" is a public/private water management initiative of the JCSA. The goal of Let's be Water Smart is to promote responsible water usage in James City County, Virginia. For more information or to become a Water Smart partner, contact JCSA at 119 Tewning Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23188-2639
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
High-Efficiency Washing Machine Rebate
After toilets, washing machines are the second greatest water user in the typical North American household, accounting for 22 percent of indoor water use. High-efficiency clothes washing machines use 18 to 25 gallons per load as opposed to the 40 or more of a typical model.
Apply to receive up to $75 for replacing your washing machine with an Energy Star high-efficiency washing machine. Please see rebate requirements for details.
Who is eligible for the JCSA High-Efficiency Washing Machine Rebate?
You must be a JCSA residential water customer to apply. JCSA water customers are residents of James City County, excluding those using private wells or Newport News Waterworks water. Your new Energy Star high-efficiency washing machine must be a replacement appliance at your customer service address. Please see rebate requirements for details.
See our High-Efficiency Washing Machine Rebate Guide & Form for printable guide and rebate details.
The complete JCSA Water Conservation Rebate Programs booklet - (Enhanced Booklet), which contains this and all other JCSA rebate guides and forms is available above and free at participating local stores. Quantities are limited.
Many developments have signed Water Conservation Agreements during the rezoning or special use permit process before construction could begin. If your development has signed one, then the agreement should be reflected as restrictions in your neighborhood rules and covenants. Please reference your neighborhood rules and covenants before pursuing any JCSA rebate. If you are required by your neighborhood covenant to fulfill any rebated actions, then you may not be eligible for that rebate. Please also check our list of Developments and Subdivisions to see if your development has signed a Water Conservation Agreement that should be reflected as requirements in your rules and covenants.
Why install an Energy Star high-efficiency washing machine?
By installing an Energy Star high-efficiency washing machine, you can:
- use 40 percent less water
- use half the energy
- use 30-75 percent less detergent
- reduce time in and energy used by the dryer
- result in less shrinkage
- increase the life of your clothing
- receive a $75 rebate!*
* All rules & restrictions apply. Please see rebate for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an Energy Star qualified high-efficiency washing machine?
- Why Energy Star?
- What are some benefits of Energy Star high-efficiency washing machines?
- How do high-efficiency washing machines work?
- What are some things I’ll need to consider before replacing my washing machine with an Energy Star high-efficiency model?
- Where can I buy a Energy Star high-efficiency washing machine?
- What should I do with my old washing machine?
- What else can I do to conserve municipal water?