James City Service Authority
119 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
"Let's be Water Smart" is a public/private water management initiative of the James City Service Authority. The goal of Let's be Water Smart is to promote responsible water usage in James City County, Virginia. For more information or to become a Water Smart partner, contact JCSA at 119 Tewning Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23188-2639
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Water Smart Landscape Rebate
Who is eligible for the JCSA Water Smart Landscape Rebate?
You must be a JCSA water customer to apply. JCSA water customers are residents of James City County, excluding those using private wells or Newport News Waterworks water. Please see rebate requirements for details.
Many developments have signed Water Conservation Agreements during the rezoning or special use permit process before construction could begin. If your development has signed one, then the agreement should be reflected as restrictions in your neighborhood rules and covenants. Please reference your neighborhood rules and covenants before pursuing any JCSA rebate. If you are required by your neighborhood covenant to fulfill any rebated actions, then you may not be eligible for that rebate. Please also check our list of Developments and Subdivisions to see if your development has signed a Water Conservation Agreement that should be reflected as requirements in your rules and covenants.
Why create a water smart landscape?
By creating a water smart landscape, you can:
See our Water Smart Landscape Guide & Rebate Form for printable guide and rebate details.
The complete JCSA Water Conservation Rebate Programs booklet - (Enhanced Booklet) which contains this and all other JCSA rebate guides and forms is available above and free at participating local stores, the James City Service Authority lobby at 101-E Mounts Bay Road, and the County Satellite office at 3127 Forge Road. Quantities are limited.
Please note: Documents are in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- save water
- save money
- have a healthier, easier to manage lawn
- receive a $150 or $250 rebate!*
* All rules & restrictions apply. Please see rebate for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the landscape requirements for the rebate?
- What certification must my landscape/irrigation professional have?
- How much is the rebate and what are the requirements?
- What resources are available on creating and maintaining ‘water smart’ landscapes?
- What are some benefits of a water smart landscape?
- What must I do before I pursue the rebate?
- Where can I visit a water smart landscape before I pursue the rebate?
- What professionals in the area are properly certified for this rebate?
- What else can I do to conserve municipal water?
- What else can I do to reduce runoff and protect my local waterways?