101-E Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Division Home page
- Development Management
- Planning Division
- Engineering & Resource Protection
- Zoning Enforcement
- ePermit website - Find permits information, request inspections, check inspections status and more
- Miss Utility Buried Line Regulations
- Residential Rough-in - Electrical Violations
- Final Frequent Electrical Violations - Residential
- Sign up for Daily Update emails
Fasteners penetrating preservative -treated wood
The building inspectors have asked that I post a reminder regarding fasteners penetrating preservative-treated wood. IRC Section R319.3 prescribes fasteners for pressure preservative and fire retardant treated wood that are hot-dipped galvanized steel, stainless steel, silicon bronze or copper. It is essential that you verify the compatibility of any of these prescribed fasteners with the manufacturer of the specific preservative-treated wood you intend to use. Additionally, careful review and consideration must be given to various framing scenarios where fasteners penetrate or are in contact with pressure-treated wood.