- The minimum fee for any building permit is $50.00, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy.
- For the construction of any building or addition thereto where the floor area is increased, and for the installation or erection of any industrialized building unit, the fee is based on the floor area to be constructed as computed from the exterior building dimensions at each floor. Any residential building that has attached unenclosed carport, porch or stoop, when built in conjunction with and at the same time as the dwelling, is excluded from the square footage computation. The fee is $0.13 per square foot, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy.
- For the construction of a garage, barn, pole shed or similar structure, when not constructed at the time of and under the permit of the main dwelling, the fee is $0.12 per square foot , plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy, of the exterior dimensions of the building.
- For the alteration or repair of any building or structure, or for the construction or erection of piers, bulkheads, exterior walls or fences, towers, swimming pools, or other structures or things, the fee is the rate of one (1) percent of the current value of all service, labor and materials, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy.
- For the demolition or razing of any building or structure having a floor area greater than 200 square feet the fee is $50.00, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy. No fee will be charged for a permit to raze a building with a floor area of 200 square feet or less.
- For the erection, placement or removal of a building or structure, in part or in whole from one location to another, or into or out of the county or to a new location within the same lot or parcel of land, the fee is $0.08 per square foot, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy, of the gross area.
- For construction not covered by any of the above, the permit fee is assessed and collected at the rate of 1 percent of the retail value or current market value of the work being done, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy; provided, that the minimum permit fee is $50, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy.
- A BUILDING PERMIT FEE SHALL BE DOUBLE FOR ANY CONSTRUCTION THAT HAS COMMENCED BEFORE A PERMIT IS OBTAINED.
- The fee for an application for a commercial and multifamily residential certificate of occupancy is $50.
- No fee is charged for single family certificates of occupancy.
- No certificate of occupancy is issued until all inspection fees have been paid.
No fee paid for any permit covered under Section 4-8 of the Code shall be refunded unless the permit application is denied and a permit is not issued or the permit is issued in error. If a permit is revoked, abandoned or the project for which the permit is obtained is discontinued, a portion of the permit fee may be refunded after deducting $25, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy, for administrative costs plus $15, plus the addition of a 2 percent State levy, for each normal inspection that has been made. No permit fee, the value of which is $25 or less, will be refunded.
Where the owner of any premises is the United States of America, the commonwealth, the county or instrumentalities thereof, the payment of any permit fee established in Section 4-8 of the Code is hereby waived. When the Housing and Community Development Administrator certifies that the work for which application has been made is funded through his office or a related program and requests that fees be waived, then the request shall be granted