101-E Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Division Home page
- Development Management
- Planning Division
- Engineering & Resource Protection
- Zoning Enforcement
Plans for James City County are reviewed with the following Codes as referenced by the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code:
- 2012 Edition of the Uniform Statewide Building Code, July 14, 2014, effective date.
- 2012 International Building Code, Chapters 2-35
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
PLEASE NOTE: The adopted model codes are subject to amendment by the Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC). Please review the USBC Technical Amendments to determine if the pertinent code citation has been amended by the USBC. The USBC 2012 Virginia Construction Code and related DHCD 2012 Code books can be read in its entirety elsewhere on this site, or on www.vbcoa.org in PDF format.