101-E Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Division Home page
- Development Management
- Planning Division
- Engineering & Resource Protection
- Zoning Enforcement
- ePermit website - Find permits information, request inspections, check inspections status and more
- Miss Utility Buried Line Regulations
Plans for James City County are reviewed with the following Codes as referenced by the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code:
- 2009 Edition of the Uniform Statewide Building Code, March 1, 2011, effective date.
- 2009 International Building Code, Chapters 2-35
- 2009 International Plumbing Code
- 2009 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2008 National Electrical Code
- 2009 International Residential Code
PLEASE NOTE: The adopted model codes are subject to amendment by the Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC). Please review the USBC Technical Amendments to determine if the pertinent code citation has been amended by the USBC. The USBC 2009 Virginia Construction Code and related DHCD 2009 Code books can be read in its entirety elsewhere on this site, or on www.vbcoa.org in PDF format.