James City Government
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Hours of Operation may vary
in some areas!
Most appointments are made by the Board of Supervisors. Most appointments are for three- or four-year terms. Citizens interested in serving on a County Board or Commission can call 757-253-6609 or 757-564-2160 for information, or fill out the Application to Serve (PDF).
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to fill out the form.
Below is a listing of all Boards and Commissions. Please click for more information and the list of appointees for each.
- Agricultural and Forestal Districts Advisory Committee (AFD)
- Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Board of Supervisors
- Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA)
- Chesapeake Bay Board
- Clean County Commission
- Colonial Group Home Commission
- Colonial Behavioral Health
- Community Action Agency
- Economic Development Authority (EDA)
- Historic Triangle Bicycle Advisory Board (HTBAC)
- Historical Commission
- New Town Design Review Board
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission
- Peninsula Agency on Aging
- Planning Commission (PC)
- Purchase of Development Rights (PDR) Committee
- Service Authority
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Stormwater Program Advisory Committee
- Thomas Nelson Community College Local Board
- Wetlands Board
- Williamsburg Area Arts Commission
- Williamsburg / James City County Regional Library Board of Trustees
- Williamsburg / James City County School Board