5249 Olde Towne Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
James City County Community Services
The Department of Community services is an umbrella organization providing coordination and oversight to the various Human Services functions of the County. There are four divisions with the Department - Housing and Community Development, Parks and Recreation, Purchase of Development Rights and Social Services:
- FY 10 Annual Progress Report
- FY 09 Annual Progress Report
- FY 08 Annual Progress Report
- Greenways Master Plan
- Purchase of Development Rights
- Parks and Recreation
- Social Services
- Housing and Community Development
- FY 2007-2008 Comparative Budget History (Excel) (PDF 1) (PDF 2)
- FY 2007-2008 Budget Allocation Process (PDF) (Word Document)
- FY 2007-2008 Outcome Measures (PDF) (Word Document)
The Department also partners with a wide range of community-based organizations to provide services that support its mission of promoting self-reliance, prevention, promoting healthy life-styles, and meeting basic human needs.