Colonial Community Corrections- Enrollment/Intake Procedures
An offender/defendant referred by the Court to Colonial Community Corrections is responsible for contacting this agency. The offender/defendant is to contact this agency within three (3) working days of his/her Court action or release from confinement. The offender/defendant should call Colonial Community Corrections at (757) 564-2311 to schedule an intake appointment. Colonial Community Corrections office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The following information will be discussed during the intake process:
- Demographics (includes full name, social security number, date of birth, employment, substance abuse, etc.)
- Instant offense, current charges, and known disposition
- Victim relationship to offender/defendant
- Referral documentation
- Reviewing and signing of the Diversion Agreement that includes standard and special conditions of supervision
- Reviewing and signing of the Authorization for Release of Information form
- Review all Court costs and fines obligations
- Substance abuse assessment will be conducted if needed
The offender/defendant is required to bring all documentation that he/she receives from the Court and two (2) references. References may either be from a family member or a friend with whom the offender/defendant does not reside. Only their phone numbers are required. The references will be contacted if the offender/defendant absconds from supervision.
The offender/defendant should also bring picture identification if available.
The offender/defendant shall be assigned to a Colonial Community Corrections Probation Officer during the following week. At that time, all conditions of probation will be reviewed.