Betsy B. Woolridge, Clerk
5201 Monticello Ave, Suite 6
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Courthouse Hours of Operation
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Minister/Marriage Commissioner Instructions for Completing, Signing, and Returning a Marriage License
Use BLACK INK Only when completing the document. Type or Print legibly all information.
Complete the following:
- Section 24 - the date of the marriage
- Section 25 - the place of the marriage
- Section 26 - type of ceremony (religious or civil)
- Section 27 - Signature
- Title of officiant
- City or County where authorized to perform marriage
- Year of authorization
- Officiant's name and address
Complete both copies and return them within five days to the Clerk of Court that issued the marriage license. Williamsburg/James City County Circuit Court provides a self-addressed return envelope with each marriage license issued.
More Marriage License information