Explorer Post 911
"Our Best Today for a Better Tomorrow"
The James City County Fire Department is the proud sponsor of a Fire Service Explorer program in association with the Boy Scouts of America. Our program is designed to promote:
Leadership, Citizenship, Community Service,
Social Skills, Fitness, Career Development
- Develop potential careers in the Fire Service.
- Provide better understanding of America's social, economic and governmental systems.
- Improve the mental, emotional and physical fitness of the Explorer.
- Instill a sense of pride in our American heritage.
- Development of a degree of self-reliance based on courage, initiative and resourcefulness.
Post Membership Application and Acceptance Guidelines
- Members may be male or female, between the ages of 14 through 20.
- A Boy Scouts of America application must be completed along with the registration fee, waiver of liability, and a parental permission form.
- Attendance of safety training, orientation and monthly meetings are required.
- Must follow the BSA Explorer Code and Guidelines, and the Standard Operating Procedures of the Fire Department.