113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Neighborhood Rebates and Grants
In James City County (JCC), citizens are the key to healthy waterways and a healthy environment. Small actions, done consistently, help everyone maintain JCC’s high quality of life. Simply picking up after pets, disposing of oils and grease safely, and planting more plants makes a difference in how our neighborhoods look and how we experience our environment.
To help citizens participate and contribute on a larger scale, either individually or as a group of neighbors, JCC offers a variety of rebates, mini-grants, and give-aways that promote activities to improve our community. Funding is limited so apply early.
Rebates and Mini-grants
Clean County Commission Good Neighbor Environment Grants
- Applications due by Sept. 1 of each year
- up to $500 per neighborhood to accomplish a sustainable landscape or beautification project and promote community spirit
- For more information, call 757-259-5375.
James City County Clean Water Heritage Grants
- Up to $2,000 for neighborhoods, community groups and other stormwater management facility (BMP) owners to accomplish water quality focused projects such as BMP enhancements, non-routine BMP repairs, or inspection assistance
- Get your application
- For more information, send an Email or call 757-259-1446.
Turf Love - Garden Love Rain Garden Rebates
- Up to $5/square foot for each installed rain garden ($600/household/tax year)
- Through carefully selected plants and location, rain gardens absorb runoff safely and reduce pollutants to the JCC’s waterways and the Chesapeake Bay
- Apply through the Turf Love program
- Get your application
Flood Proofing Rebates – coming soon!
- Rebates to defray a portion of the cost of raising mechanical systems and other actions to protect homes in flood plains
- Watch this site for updates!
Helpful stuff that is free!
- Pet waste collection stations – free to neighborhoods and community groups who agree to maintain the station - For information >>>
- Storm drain markers – free to businesses, HOAs and others to protect storm drains from dumping. Storm drains often empty right into County waterways and streams – keep them clean – only rain in the drain! For information >>>
- DMZ signs for BMPs – help your neighborhood prolong the life of your BMPs -
by installing “do not mow zone” signs
For information, contact the Stormwater Division at 757-259-1443 or via Email.
Other helpful links