113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
James City County Recreation Center Renovations - Building Renovations
Feb. 7, 2014
Scope of Work
There was a pool of funds that were allocated in FY13 to perform several renovation items for the Recreation Center. This report covers renovations to upgrade the condition of the community rooms, the kitchen, and restroom facilities. During preparation of the renovation plans, it was discovered that the pool storage room roof system was failing and needed to be replaced. So that work was included as an additional renovation item. In the community rooms and kitchen, the existing deteriorated floor coverings were replaced with vinyl. The restrooms all received an epoxy floor covering. The restrooms by Room D were also painted and the wall-mounted sinks were replaced with counters and new sinks. The kitchen appliances were replaced to restore it as a fully functioning catering kitchen. Painting of several areas in the center was accomplished and some new window treatments were added.
Status of Project
The design of all projects was completed and building permits were obtained for the work. All projects have now been completed.
The various projects were conducted by separate contractors but each project was completed with the specified time frame.
Project design contract cost - $3,845
Design change orders approved to date - $3,085*
Current balance - $0
* The failed roof in the pool storage room was not anticipated as part of the original scope of renovations but design of its replacement was necessary.
Project construction costs - $107,070
Construction change orders approved to date - $28,968*
Current balance - $0
* The failed roof in the pool storage room was not anticipated as part of the original scope of renovations but replacement was necessary. Funds were reallocated among the various renovation projects throughout the year but the renovations to the center were accomplished within the overall pool of funds.
- Design complete and building permits issued
- Contractors selected for the various projects
- Work completed on all projects