113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
James City County Recreation Center Renovations Sewer Force Main Repair
Mar. 4, 2014
Scope of Work
There was a pool of funds that were allocated in FY13 to perform several renovation items for the Recreation Center. This report covers renovations to improve the center’s sewerage disposal system. This work consisted of the replacing the sewer force main serving the center to increase the reliability of sewage discharge from the facility. The force main’s discharge point was changed from the main Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) force main adjacent to the facility to a James City Service Authority (JCSA) gravity sewer. The length of the new force main is 1250 feet. This change will enhance the use of the Recreation Center as an emergency shelter during severe weather when sewage disposal has not been reliable.
Status of Project
A site plan was approved and the five necessary easements were obtained and recorded. The work has been completed and the new force main is now serving the center.
Date of Completion: Sept. 12, 2013
Note: Construction activities were completed on time.
Click pictures for larger views.
Project design contract cost - $11,848
Design change orders approved to date - $2,250*
Current balance - $0
* Plats were needed for 5 easements – until the design was completed, it was unclear how many easements would be necessary.
Project construction contract cost - $39,000
Construction change orders approved to date - $3,516.62*
Current balance - $0
* The existing sewer pipe was not in the location as shown on the plans resulting in additional costs for the proper connection. Funds were reallocated among the various renovation projects throughout the year but the renovations to the center were accomplished within the overall pool of funds.
- Design complete and site plan approved.
- All utility easements were acquired.
- Connection of new sewer line to existing sewer line complete.
- As-built drawings approved and all punch-list items completed.
Return to Projects page >>