113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Jamestown Beach Site Improvements: Access Road and Trails, Parking and Bathroom Facilities
Scope of Work
This project consists of the installation of facility improvements to support the increased usage of the Jamestown Beach as a result of the beach restoration activities undertaken in 2011 and 2012. The improvements consist of improved access roads, increased parking facilities, handicap accessible beach access paths, gate facilities, signage, and a restroom/ concession building with associated water and sewer lines. The improvements are necessitated by the increased popularity of the beach area due to beach restoration/ nourishment activities.
Civil Engineering Design: Complete
Architectural Design: Complete
Construction Phase: Start – February 2015
Estimated Budget - $261, 590*
Williamsburg Environmental Group/Stantec: - $81,830
Contract amount and percent completed - $80,258 - 98.1 percent
Guernsey-Tingle Architects - $28,255
Contract amount and percent completed - $28,249 - 99.8 percent
Additional services and percent complete - $60,475 - 100 percent
Click pictures for larger views.
David Nice Builders, Inc. - $690,632
Contract change orders approved to date - $24,349.85**
Current payout and percent complete - $704,981.85 – 98.6 percent
*Note – Original budget was based on providing a pump and haul restroom facility but during plan review process, a restroom facility served by water and sewer was required by the Health Department. The original scope of the project then increased significantly to provide a restroom facility, and water and sewer service to the site.
** To repair roads deteriorated by age, weather and construction activity, and repair a section of failed storm pipe.
- Site plan and architectural designs complete
- Wetlands permit obtained
- Project bid and awarded to David Nice Builders, Inc.
- Construction begun Feb. 4, 2015
- Concrete slab for restroom/concession building poured March 25, 2015
- Pier construction complete
- Water and sewer lines installed
- Restroom/concession building completed
- Final Certificate of Occupancy – June 26, 2015
- Approval and acceptance of as-built drawings
- Weather impacts due to snow and frequent rains
- Delay in delivery of split face block for building