113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Jamestown Beach Site Improvements Access Road and Trails, Parking and Bathroom Facilities
July 2, 2014
Scope of Work
This project consists of the installation of facility improvements to support the increased usage of the Jamestown Beach as a result of the beach restoration activities undertaken in 2011 and 2012. The improvements consist of improved access roads, increased parking facilities, handicap accessible beach access paths, gate facilities, signage, and a rest room/ concession building with associated water and sewer lines. The improvements are necessitated by the increased popularity of the beach area due to beach restoration/ nourishment activities.
Civil Engineering Design: Underway - 95 percent progress
Architectural Design: Underway – 95 percent progress
Estimated Budget - $261, 590
Williamsburg Environmental Group/Stantec - $69,218
Contract amount and percent completed - $58,210 – 84 percent
Guernsey-Tingle Architects - $28,255
Contract amount and percent completed - $20,855 – 74 percent
Click picturesfor larger views.
- Site plan design submitted for review and comments have been received
- Submitted wetlands permits application to regulatory agencies
- Completed architectural plans received and reviewed
- Complete archaeology study requested by the VA Department of Historic Resources
- Second site plan submission to Planning including the water and sewer plans
- Submission to county for review of architectural plans for the bathroom facility
- Acquisition of easement for waterline installation from adjacent property owner
- Need to get approval from the state and federal agencies for project’s impacts on historic and cultural resources