113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Jamestown Beach Site Improvements Access Road and Trails, Parking and Bathroom Facilities
Scope of Work
This project consists of the installation of facility improvements to support the increased usage of the Jamestown Beach as a result of the beach restoration activities undertaken in 2011 and 2012. The improvements consist of improved access roads, increased parking facilities, handicap accessible beach access paths, gate facilities, signage, and a restroom/ concession building with associated water and sewer lines. The improvements are necessitated by the increased popularity of the beach area due to beach restoration/ nourishment activities.
Civil Engineering Design: Complete
Architectural Design: Complete
Construction Phase: Start – February 2015
Estimated Budget - $261, 590
Williamsburg Environmental Group/Stantec: - $81,830
Contract amount and percent completed - $80,258 - 98.1 percent
Guernsey-Tingle Architects - $28,255
Contract amount and percent completed - $28,249 - 99.8 percent
Additional services and percent complete - $60,475 - 100 percent
Click pictures for larger views.
David Nice Builders, Inc. - $690,632
Contract change orders approved to date - $24,349.85**
Current payout and percent complete - $$704,981.85 – 98.6 percent
*Note – Original budget was based on providing a pump and haul restroom facility but during plan review process, a restroom facility served by water and sewer was required by the Health Department. The original scope of the project then increased significantly to provide a restroom facility, and water and sewer service to the site.
** To repair roads deteriorated by age, weather and construction activity, and repair a section of failed storm pipe.
- Site plan and architectural designs complete
- Wetlands permit obtained
- Project bid and awarded to David Nice Builders, Inc.
- Construction begun Feb. 4, 2015
- Concrete slab for restroom/concession building poured March 25, 2015
- Pier construction complete
- Water and sewer lines installed
- Restroom/concession building completed
- Final Certificate of Occupancy – June 26, 2015
- Completion of punchlist items
- Weather impacts due to snow and frequent rains
- Delay in delivery of split face block for building