113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Brookhaven Subdivision Drainage Improvements and Stormwater Retrofit
Apr. 1, 2015
Scope of Work
This project consists of the correction of drainage problems that result in flooding of property and structures in an older residential subdivision. The project includes drainage improvements and stormwater management facilities to treat runoff before discharge into receiving streams.
Civil Engineering Design: Underway – 71 percent progress
Estimated Budget - $720,000
Kerr Environmental Services - $54,744
Contract amount and percent completed - $38,606 – 71 percent
Additional services - $14,779
- Drainage study completed for neighborhood.
- Preliminary design plans submitted for review to County staff.
- Two neighborhood meetings to present plan design.
- Utility location, wetlands delineation and engineering survey completed.
- Consultation with Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) concerning work within their Right-of-Way (ROW) accomplished.
- Proceed with final design based on input from the neighborhood.
- Acquire easements from affected property owners.
- Permission was not granted by an adjacent property owner to Brookhaven to allow construction of an offsite stormwater management facility. Therefore, additional water quality benefits for the project will be explored within the Brookhaven subdivision and the VDOT ROW. Preliminary concept approval has been obtained from VDOT.