113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Freedom Park 4 – Freedom Park Shelters and Parking
Scope of Work
This project consists of the construction of a pervious paver parking lot adding 30 parking spaces, two picnic shelters (one 24’x44’/one 16’x16’), some additional sidewalks, accommodations for a playground and a 30 foot by 40 foot patio on the rear of the Freedom Park Interpretive Center
Status of Project
Site clearing, grading, patio, playground and most sidewalks are complete. All site work has been completed. The shelters are nearly complete and awaiting Dominion Power electrical completion. Wet weather before and during the Christmas Holiday has delayed shelter completion. A punchlist walkthrough is scheduled for January 15.
Civil Engineering Design - Complete
Architectural Design - Complete
Bidding Phase - Complete
Site Work - Underway
David Nice Builders - $316,509
Contract Amount and percent completed - $289,319 – 91.4 percent
AES Consulting Engineers - $13,250
Contract Amount and percent completed - $12,950 – 97.7 percent
Hopke and Associates - $5,397
Contract Amount and percent completed - $5,349 –99.1 percent
Archaeological and Cultural Solutions - $11,708
Contract Amount and percent completed - $ 11,708 – 100 percent
- Design of site and architecture complete.
- First site plan review complete.
- Bidding completed
- Archaeological review reviewed and approved by state.
- Final site plan approved.
- Board of Supervisors authorized contract July 22
- Pre-construction meeting held August 18
- Site clearing and grading complete
- Patio complete
- Playground complete
- Shelter pads poured
- Stormwater complete
- Electrical conduit installed Replace misaligned sidewalk
- Complete paver installation
- Install Structures
- Finish installing shelter roof
- Finalize electrical service
- Final punchlist
- Work in areas of historical significance and in between existing infrastructure.
- Misaligned sidewalk
- Delayed shelter fabrication at the factory
- Winter weather
Return to Projects page >>