113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Freedom Park 4 – Freedom Park Shelters and Parking
Scope of Work
This project consists of the construction of a pervious paver parking lot adding 30 parking spaces, two picnic shelters (one 24’x44’/one 16’x16’), some additional sidewalks, accommodations for a playground and a 30' by 40' patio on the rear of the Freedom Park Interpretive Center.
Status of Project
Final inspections were completed in early March 2015 following delays waiting for final Dominion Power electrical connection. The work is complete and all facilities are available for use.
Civil Engineering Design - Complete
Architectural Design - Complete
Bidding Phase - Complete
Site Work - Underway
Budget - $385K Approved
Click pictures for larger views.
David Nice Builders - $318,250
Contract Amount and percent completed - $318,250 – 100 percent
AES Consulting Engineers - $13,250
Contract Amount and percent completed - $13,250 – 100 percent
Hopke and Associates - $5,397
Contract Amount and percent completed - $5,397 – 100 percent
Archaeological and Cultural Solutions - $11,708
Contract Amount and percent completed - $ 11,708 – 100 percent
- Design of site and architecture complete.
- First site plan review complete.
- Bidding completed.
- Archaeological review reviewed and approved by state.
- Final site plan approved.
- Board of Supervisors authorized contract July 22.
- Pre-construction meeting held August 18.
- Site clearing and grading complete.
- Patio complete.
- Playground complete.
- Shelter pads poured.
- Stormwater complete.
- Electrical conduit installed.
- Replace misaligned sidewalk.
- Complete paver installation.
- Install Structures.
- Shelter roof installed.
- Finalize electrical service.
- Work in areas of historical significance and in between existing infrastructure.
- Misaligned sidewalk.
- Delayed shelter fabrication at the factory.
- Winter weather.