113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Freedom Park 4 – Freedom Park Shelters and Parking
Scope of Work
This project consists of the construction of a pervious paver parking lot adding 30 parking spaces, 2 picnic shelters (one 24’x44’/one 16’x16’), some additional sidewalks, accommodations for a playground and a 30 ft by 40 ft patio on the rear of the Freedom Park Interpretive Center.
Status of Project
Site clearing and grading are complete. The patio and sidewalks are 80% complete. Dominion is currently on site installing conduit for power connections. The remaining project schedule is being driven by the playground (est. delivery 10/21) and shelter (est. delivery 11/1). Construction is on track to be complete prior the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Civil Engineering Design - Complete
Architectural Design - Complete
Bidding Phase - Complete
Site Work - Underway
David Nice Builders - $307,500
Contract Amount and percent completed - $159,550 – 51 percent
AES Consulting Engineers - $13,250
Contract Amount and percent completed - $10,325 – 77.9 percent
Hopke and Associates - $5,397
Contract Amount and percent completed - $5,313 – 98.4 percent
Archaeological and Cultural Solutions - $11,708
Contract Amount and percent completed - $ 11,708 – 100 percent
- Design of site and architecture complete.
- First site plan review complete.
- Bidding completed
- Archaeological review reviewed and approved by state.
- Final site plan approved.
- Board of Supervisors authorized contract July 22
- Pre-construction meeting held Aug. 18
- Playground contractor selected.
- Site clearing and grading complete
- 80 percent sidewalks in place
- Patio complete
- Shelter pads poured
- Electrical conduit installed
- Install patio sidewalk
- Install LID feature
- Pave Parking
- Install Playground
- Install Structures
- Complete sidewalks at playground
- Finalize electrical service
- Work in areas of historical significance and in between existing infrastructure
Return to Projects page >>