113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Freedom Park 4 – Freedom Park Shelters and Parking
Scope of Work
This project consists of the construction of a pervious paver parking lot adding 30 parking spaces, 2 picnic shelters (one 24’x44’/one 16’x16’), some additional sidewalks, accommodations for a playground and a 30 ft by 40 ft patio on the rear of the Freedom Park Interpretive Center.
Status of Project
The project is architectural and civil engineering plans are complete. Bids were received June 27. David Nice Builders were the lowest bidder at $307,500. The JCC Board of Supervisors will consider approval of the contract July 27. Notice to proceed can be given shortly thereafter. Anticipated start first weeks of August. Final issues center on archaeological investigation review by state, selection of playground and Dominion Virginia Power design resolution.
Civil Engineering Design - Complete
Architectural Design - Complete
Bidding Phase - Complete
for larger views.
David Nice Builders - $307,500
Contract Amount and percent completed - $0 – 0.0 percent
AES Consulting Engineers - $13,250
Contract Amount and percent completed - $8,725 – 65.8 percent
Hopke and Associates - $5,397
Contract Amount and percent completed - $4,902 – 90.8 percent
Archaeological and Cultural Solutions - $11,708
Contract Amount and percent completed - $ 11,708 – 100 percent
- Design of site and architecture complete.
- First site plan review complete.
- Bidding completed
- Archaeological review reviewed and approved by state.
- Final site plan approved.
- Board of Supervisors authorized contract July 22
- Pre-construction meeting held August 18
- Playground contractor selected.
- Site clearing and grading
- Finalize electrical service plans
- Playground contract to Board of Supervisors Sept. 9 meeting
- Work in areas of historical significance and in between existing infrastructure
Return to Projects page >>