113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
James Terrace Stormwater Improvements
July 14, 2014
Scope of Work
The James Terrace Subdivision storm water and drainage improvements will provide improved routing in combination with additional stabilization measures to prevent erodible areas from forming and mitigate pockets of flooding in the future. The upper reach of this drainage area has proposed improvements at Grace Baptist Church, allowing longer retention times during rainfall events and on-site pollutant reduction. These improvements will provide water quality benefits and contribute to meeting the County’s permit obligations for the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Loads (CBTMDL).
Civil Engineering Design - Fall 2014
Kerr Environmental – Contract Amount - $79,738
Current payout and percent completed - $62,972.50 – 80.0 percent
AES Consulting Engineers – Contract Amount - $16,320
Current payout and percent - $16,320 -100 percent
GET Solutions – Contract Amount - $4,500
Current payout and percent completed: $0 - 0 percent
Additional Services - $8,322.50
- Preliminary surveying completed.
- Collaborative acceptance of on-site improvements with Grace Baptist Church
- Incorporation of regenerative stormwater channels
- Grant awarded for stormwater best management practices to meet the new Department of Environmental Quality mandates regarding pollution reduction
- 799 Tyler Drive retaining wall geotechnical testing and design completed
- Bo-retention facility MOA between Grace Baptist Church and County finalized
- Approval from residential property owners directly affected by the proposed stormwater improvements, via easement plats
- Plan review and approval by all applicable regulatory agencies
- Obtain all applicable regulatory permits prior to construction
- DEQ authorization to bid the grant funded project improvements
- Complete bidding phase for Phase 1, 2 and 3 improvements