113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
James Terrace Stormwater Improvements
Scope of Work
The James Terrace Subdivision stormwater and drainage improvements will provide improved routing in combination with additional stabilization measures to prevent erodible areas from forming and mitigate pockets of flooding in the future. The upper reach of this drainage area has proposed improvements at Grace Baptist Church, allowing longer retention times during rainfall events and on-site pollutant reduction. These improvements will provide water quality benefits and contribute to meeting the County’s permit obligations for the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Loads (CBTMDL). The County was awarded a DEQ matching grant, Stormwater Local Assistance Fund (SLAF) to assist with the project funding.
Civil Engineering Design - Completed
Civil Engineering Design - Fall 2015
Budget - $950,000 Estimated
Kerr Environmental – Contract Amount - $79,738
Current payout and percent completed - $79,738 – 100 percent
AES Consulting Engineers – Contract Amount - $23,806.46
Current payout and percent - $23,245.81 – 97.6 percent
GET Solutions – Contract Amount - $4,500
Current payout and percent completed: $4,500 - 100 percent
Additional Services - $8,322.50
- Grant awarded for stormwater best management practices to meet the new Department of Environmental Quality mandates regarding pollution reduction.
- 799 Tyler Dr. retaining wall geotechnical testing and design completed.
- Bio-retention facility MOA between Grace Baptist Church and County finalized.
- Easements acquired for Phases 1, 2, and 3.
- Phase 1, 2 and 3 projects advertisement for bid completed.
- BOS approval for contract award of Phase 2 and Phase 3, schedule for October 13, 2015 meeting.
- Obtain bonding and insurance documents from selected Contractor for the Phase 1 drainage improvements along Coleman Drive at Grace Baptist Church. Issue the Notice to Proceed to initiate improvements.