113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Kingspoint Subdivision Southpoint Drainage Channel Stabilization
April 1, 2015
Scope of Work
This project consists of the correction of an erosion problem caused primarily by drainage from Southpoint Drive. The erosion is in a steep channel adjacent to environmentally sensitive areas with the potential to damage a residential structure. The correction of the problem will be through the use of a regenerative stormwater conveyance system that will not only stabilize the channel but will also treat the stormwater runoff.
Civil Engineering Design - Complete – 100 percent
Construction Phase Begun: February 2015
Estimated Budget - $150,000
Williamsburg Environmental Group/Stantec - $43,903
Contract amount and percent completed - $38,309 – 87.3 percent
Additional services - $15,097
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. - $258,329
Contract amount and percent completed - $0 – 0 percent
Click pictures for larger views.
- Preliminary design completed
- Final design completed and approved
- Easements obtained from all property owners involved to allow construction
- Construction begun: February 23, 2015
- Clearing complete
- Two of nine rock structures completed
- Complete step pools and remaining rock structures
- Reconstruct drainage channel from roadway to regenerative conveyance system
- Install landscape materials
- Very small construction site with steep slopes and close proximity to a residential structure
- Weather impacts due to snow and frequent rains