113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Kingspoint Subdivision Southpoint Drainage Channel Stabilization
Scope of Work
This project consists of the correction of an erosion problem caused primarily by drainage from Southpoint Drive. The erosion is in a steep channel adjacent to environmentally sensitive areas with the potential to damage a residential structure. The correction of the problem will be through the use of a regenerative stormwater conveyance system that will not only stabilize the channel but will also treat the stormwater runoff.
Civil Engineering Design - Complete – 100 percent
Construction Phase Begun: February 2015
Complete: April 20, 2015
Estimated Budget - $150,000
Williamsburg Environmental Group/Stantec - $43,903
Contract amount and percent completed - $42,852 – 97.6 percent
Additional services - $15,097
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. - $258,329
Contract amount and percent completed - $258,329 - 100 percent
Click pictures for larger views.
- Preliminary design completed
- Final design completed and approved
- Easements obtained from all property owners involved to allow construction
- Construction begun: Feb. 23, 2015
- Clearing complete
- Work completed Apr. 20, 2015
- Punchlist Items complete
- Very small construction site with steep slopes and close proximity to a residential structure
- Weather impacts due to snow and frequent rains