101-A Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Division Home page
- Building Safety & Permits
- Development Management
- Engineering & Resource Protection
- Zoning Enforcement
Community Participation Team (CPT)
The CPT is one of two main groups, and the only citizen-based group, designated to help lead staff and the Planning Commission through the review and update of the Comprehensive Plan. The group is responsible for developing, encouraging, facilitating, and reporting citizen participation throughout the process. The primary products of the team are assistance to staff in the development and coordination of publicity efforts and putting together a report on the plan review process and the citizen feedback received.
Examples of team tasks include:
- Reviewing the Communications Plan and related marketing materials,
- Planning public input opportunities (public meetings, web, listening stations),
- Making public appearances on behalf of the Comprehensive Plan update (giving talks, taping public service announcements and television segments, and distributing flyers), and
- Participating in, observing, and collecting public input.