101-A Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Division Home page
- Building Safety & Permits
- Development Management
- Engineering & Resource Protection
- Zoning Enforcement
Sections of the 2003 Comprehensive Plan
The following are aspects of the community that the 2003 Comprehensive Plan looked at in detail and will be reexamined during the 2008 update. Together, the sections give us an overall perspective on the quality of life in James City County and goals for various departments across County government to work towards.
- Population (demographics, growth)
- Youth (transportation, facilities, programs, child care)
- Economic Development (commercial and industrial development, employment)
- Public Facilities (including schools, fire and police stations, Government Complex)
- Parks and Recreation (trails, County parks, neighborhood parks, sidewalks, blueways)
- Environment (resource protection, air and water quality)
- Transportation (road network, bikeways, public transportation)
- Community Character (corridors and areas, neighborhood appearance, historical sites)
- Housing (affordability, growth trends and type characteristics, assistance programs)
- Land Use (area designations, changes to designation, development trends, growth management)