101-A Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Division Home page
- Building Safety & Permits
- Development Management
- Engineering & Resource Protection
- Zoning Enforcement
Land Use Application
As part of the 2035 Comprehensive Plan update, landowners had the opportunity to propose changes to their Land Use designation of propose that their property be added to or removed from the Primary Service Area.
Applications were accepted until April 30, 2014 and the application period is now closed.
The Planning Commission Working Group will begin its review of Land Use designation applications in November with the following meetings scheduled:
- Nov. 20 - Land Use Applications – staff recommendations, applicant and public input, and initial discussions
- Dec. 4 - Land Use Applications – continued discussions
- Dec. 18 - Land Use Applications – wrap-up of PCWG discussions (if necessary) and discussion of requested revisions for previously considered sections of the text and goals, strategies and actions
All meetings will be held in Building F of the James City County Government Center and will begin at 4 p.m. A 15-minute public comment period will be available at the beginning of each PCWG meeting, except for the Nov. 20 meeting which will have a public comment period after the presentation of each land use application. For all meetings, each member of the public will be permitted to speak for up to three minutes. If there are additional members of the public who wish to speak, a second public comment period will be held at the end of each PCWG meeting. Comments can also be sent in writing prior to the meeting to be distributed to PCWG members.
For more information about the submitted Land Use applications, visit the interactive map. Once at the map, more detail about each application is available by clicking the case number. Staff reports and recommendations will be available by Nov. 17 on the agenda page .
For regular updates on the Land Use applications, sign up for the JCC 2035 Comprehensive Plan Land Use Application Updates email subscription list.