James City Service
119 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
Engineering & Operations
7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For questions about:
Starting or Stopping Service
Web Self-Service or Kubra
Water, Sewer or Grinder Pump Service Questions
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Water / Sewer Emergencies
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
Special Information Hotline
Dial 811 in Virginia or
- Landlord Authorization Form
- Leak Adjustment Request
- Utility Service Connection - Apply for new water connections online
- 60 Day Exemption Form
- JCSA Forms
James City Service Authority Water and Wastewater Collection for the County
To provide municipal water and wastewater service to County residences and businesses in the Primary Service Area between Toano and Grove and to operate dedicated detached central water systems in other areas of the County in accordance with local, State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Balance municipal water and wastewater demands with available resources.
- Provide municipal potable water service to customers by operating and maintaining water supply facilities in accordance with local, State, and Federal requirements to ensure the availability of a potable and reliable water supply.
- Provide municipal wastewater collection service to customers by operating and maintaining wastewater pumping stations, gravity sewers and force mains in accordance with local, State, and Federal requirements to provide reliable public wastewater service without polluting the environment.
Other Helpful Water links
- For Billing Information - Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) website
- Cap It
- Hampton Roads Planning District Commission
- The Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) has an education program.
- Information for the neighbors of Newport News Waterworks' Reservoirs
Water and Sewer Rate Changes
Effective July 1, 2015, all James City Service Authority (JCSA) water and sewer bills will reflect rate changes adopted by the Board of Directors on April 28, 2015. The rate changes are necessary to provide required revenue to meet operating expenditures and finance necessary water and sewer system improvements throughout the JCSA service area. Rate changes and sample bills are listed below in pdf format:
- Current Customer Rates and Charges (as of July 1, 2015)
- Customer Rates and Charges Prior to July 1, 2015
- Sample Bill of New Water and Sewer Rates for 5/8” Residential Meter
- Sample Bill of New Water and Sewer Rates for 5/8” Residential Meter & Submeter
- Sample Bill of New Water and Sewer Rates for ¾” Residential Meter
- Sample Bill of New Water and Sewer Rates for 1” Residential Meter