James City Service
119 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
Engineering & Operations
7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For questions about:
Starting or Stopping Service
Web Self-Service or Kubra
Water, Sewer or Grinder Pump Service Questions
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Water / Sewer Emergencies
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
Special Information Hotline
Dial 811 in Virginia or
- Landlord Authorization Form
- Leak Adjustment Request
- Utility Service Connection - Apply for new water connections online
- 60 Day Exemption Form
- JCSA Forms
ENTER READING OF CUSTOMER OWNED METER
Please submit your submeter reading using our Web Self Service feature provided by the Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) through the Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service (HRUBS)*.
*Customers receive a combined billing statement through the Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service (HRUBS), which typically have three charges for water, sewer and wastewater treatment. Water and sewer service is provided by the James City Service Authority (JCSA) whereas wastewater treatment is provided by the Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD). Some JCSA accounts are water or sewer only. If Newport News Waterworks (NNWW) is your water service provider in the Kingsmill and Grove areas of James City County, customers receive a separate water bill from NNWW.
Web Self Service gives you around-the-clock online access to your account history, payment information and the convenience of submitting your submeter reading directly to your account. To view a list of online web self services, visit www.hrsd.com and click on Customer Service/Enter Reading of Customer Owned Meter.
If not already registered for HRUBS Web Self Service, simply click on the ‘To Register, click here’ link at the lower left of the page to create a User ID and Password using your account number and account name (exactly as it appears on your bill). Click on Reading for Customer Owned Meter, then simply enter the date the submeter was read and submeter reading. The reading will automatically update to your account.**
Courtesy Reminder Notices
Ever forget to submit your submeter readings or just don’t know when?
- The James City Service Authority (JCSA) provides courtesy reminder notices either electronically or by postcard. Timely submission of your submeter reading ensures prompt credit to your billing statement.
- In order to receive electronic reminder notices by e-mail, please set your spam filter(s) accordingly to accept e-mails from JCSA-SUBMETER-ALERT@ESUBSCRIBE.JAMESCITYCOUNTYVA.GOV.
- To ensure the maximum deduction, submit your submeter readings by the 1st of the month of your billing cycle. If Newport News Waterworks (NNWW) is your water service provider, your submeter readings are not due until the 22nd of May, and the 22nd of every other month thereafter, in order to coincide with the NNWW meter reading schedule.
- Should a reading be received late the credit will be delayed until the next billing cycle. Submeter deductions given for any one billing cycle cannot exceed the total consumption for that billing period. No back credit will be given.
Have Submeter Reading Questions?
James City Service Authority (JCSA)
Prefer a Submeter Reading Form?
Click here to print the Submeter Reading Form.
Personal information provided to James City County/JCSA in the form of email or electronic form is used solely to respond to your request, inquiry, or transaction. James City County/JCSA does not sell or rent personal information to any third party organization. James City County/JCSA does not provide specific information about users or other personally identifiable data to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use, except if required to do so by the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (the “FOIA”) or other law. As set forth in section 2.2-3705.1(10) of the Code of Virginia, you may request that your electronic mail address be exempt from disclosure pursuant to a FOIA request. Should you wish for your electronic mail address to be exempt from disclosure pursuant to FOIA, please send an email to the County Webmaster. with the subject title “Do not disclose my email address.”