- Holiday closings – County offices and Community Centers will be closed December 24, 25 and Jan. 1. Convenience Centers will close at 12 p.m. December 24 and will be closed December 25 and January 1. A complete schedule and recycling make up days can be found here
- The 2009 Comprehensive Plan update – Historic Past, Sustainable Future – was approved by the Board of Supervisors on November 24. The working document is available on the Comprehensive Plan website and the final publication will be available in the spring.
- 2010 dog tags – Dog tags are due by January 31, 2010.
A valid rabies certificate is required. Tags can be purchased at the Treasurer’s Office or Satellite Services. If the rabies certificate is on file with the Treasurer’s Office, ePayment may be used. Multi-year tags are available. For more information, contact the Treasurer’s Office at 253-6705
or by email.
- Leaf drop off – The final opportunity for County residents to drop off leaves free of charge is January 4 - 17 at the Jolly Pond Convenience Center. For more information, including bagging requirements, visit the General Services website
or call 565-0971.
- JCC Fair Committee – Do you like to entertain? Do you like to plan and organize? If so, we have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you. The JCC Fair Committee is looking for sub-committee members to help plan activities for the 2010 Fair. Call Tracy at 564-2172 for more information.
- Christmas tree recycling – Recycle your Christmas tree! Drop it off free of charge December 26 - January 31 at any of the County Convenience Centers during normal operating hours. The Centers are located at 107 Tewning Road,
1204 Jolly Pond Road and 185 Industrial Boulevard (Hankins Industrial Park). For hours of operation, visit the County’s website or call
565-0971. Remember to remove the tree stand, tinsel and all decorations.
- Winter/Spring 2010 Parks and Recreation activity brochure – Parks and Recreation's activity brochure will be available December 16. Look for it exclusively online on the County’s website under “What’s New in James City County!”
- Little Creek Reservoir Park winter hours – Boating and fishing operations at Little Creek Reservoir Park have shifted to winter hours: Saturday and Sunday only from
7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through February. The playground, picnic shelter and the soft-mulch nature trail remain open daily, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information, call 566-1702.
- Pre-paid bulk pick up available – For $75 the County can haul away JCC residents' old appliances, furniture, construction debris and more. For more information, e-mail JCC Solid Waste or call 565-0971.