County Sponsors Hurricane Recovery Meeting
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Doug Powell, Assistant County Administrator
Phone: (757) 253-6604
James City County residents who continue to recover from storm damage and need information can attend the Hurricane Recovery Information Meeting, Wednesday, October 29, 7 p.m., James City/Williamsburg Community Center, 5301 Longhill Road, Rooms A, B, & C. Sponsored by James City County, the meeting will address a variety of recovery needs and issues covering topics from contractors and insurance companies to landscape repair.
Speakers include Better Business Bureau and State Corporation Commission representatives, Ed English and George Lyle. Topics include: How to Deal with Contractors and How to Deal with Insurance Companies, respectively.
Essential County Departments, staff and area organizations will be on hand to answer questions and offer hurricane recovery-related information including:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA);
- Social Services (Food Stamps and Fuel Assistance);
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (How to Repair Your Landscape);
- JCC Real Estate Assessments ( Real Property Tax Abatement Program);
- Commissioner of the Revenue (Personal Property Tax Abatement Program and State/Federal Income Tax);
- Code Compliance (Building Permits for Repair of Storm Related Damage);
- Neighborhood Connections (Neighborhood Emergency Planning);
- Health Department;
- James City Service Authority; and,
- United Way Information and Referral.
Debris management and pick up information will also be available.