James City County seeks Citizen Comments on FY 2005-2006 Fiscal Plans
Date: April 9, 2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ruth Richey, JCC Communications
Phone: (757) 253-6864
A public hearing and work sessions have been scheduled for citizens to comment on James City County's proposed two-year fiscal plan that begins July 1. County Administrator Sandy Wanner's budget proposal reduces the real estate tax rate by one penny in each year in FY 2005 and 2006.
The proposed General Fund budget for FY 2005 -- based on an 85 cent real estate tax rate -- totals $119.2 million. This represents a $6.2 million or 5.5 percent increase over the current year's budget. The FY 2006 proposal totals $126.9 million, an increase of $7.7 million or 6.5 percent over FY 05. The proposed contribution to public schools is $65.6 million in FY 05, including operations and debt service.
A public hearing to hear comments from residents and several work sessions are scheduled and will be televised live and then rebroadcast on JCC TV48. Citizens are also invited to send comments at www.jccEgov.com or mail to Office of the County Administrator, P.O. Box 8784, Williamsburg, VA 23187-8784. The meeting schedule is as follows:
• April 27, public hearing and budget presentation (Live on JCC TV48, reshown April 28 at 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.)
• April 29, budget work session (Live on JCC TV48, reshown April 30 at 8 p.m.)
• May 4, budget work session (Live on JCC TV48, reshown May 5 at 8 p.m.)
• May 6, budget work session (Live on JCC TV48, reshown May 8 at 8 p.m.)
• May 11, regular meeting and budget adoption (Live on JCC TV48, reshown on May 13, 15, and 16 at 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Submit your comments to the County Administrator here: