2009 Neighborhood Beautification Grants Awarded
Date: July 18, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jennifer Privette, Environmental Coordinator
Phone: (757) 259-9850
The James City Clean County Commission is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2009 Neighborhood Beautification Matching Grants. Fifteen neighborhoods and Homeowner’s Associations (HOA) received a total of $5,664.50 through matching grants of up to $500.00 each.
- Centerville Neighborhood Association
- Fox Ridge of Williamsburg Homeowner’s Association
- Greater First Colony Area Civic Association
- Greensprings West
- Kingspoint Club Inc
- Lake Powell Forest Owner’s Association
- Pocahontas Square
- Powhatan Shores Homeowner’s Association
- Powhatan Village Homeowner’s Association
- Rain Tree Villas
- Rolling Woods
- Springhill Community Homeowner’s Association
- The Association at Stonehouse Inc.
- Westmoreland Homeowner’s Association
- Windsor Forest Association
The purpose of the Neighborhood Beautification Matching Grant program is to stimulate community enhancement efforts through the involvement of neighborhoods in the development and completion of beautification projects. Examples of projects include community gardens, entrance enhancements, greenway paths, and exercise trails.
Neighborhoods and HOAs were asked to match dollar for dollar the amount requested from the Clean County Commission. The recipients’ matches were generated through volunteer hours of work, materials, labor and cash donations.
For more information, visit the County’s website at www.jccegov.com/recycling or contact the James City County Recycling Office 757-259-9850 or firstname.lastname@example.org .