August 30, 2011, 1 p.m.
News Release #17
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
James City County Emergency Operations Center
Renee Dallman or Jody Puckett, JCC Communications
757-564-2140 Citizen Inquiry Line
James City County update, August 30 1 p.m.
- Residential trash and construction debris are being accepted at the Jolly Pond Convenience Center. Convenience Center coupons are required. Coupons are available for purchase online at www.jamescitycountyva.gov/epayment or at Satellite Services (3127 Forge Road) or at fire stations.
- The Jolly Pond Convenience Center will be open today until 5 p.m. Residential vegetative debris only at no charge. Proof of James City County residency is required. No commercial contractors or debris will be accepted. This free disposal will continue until September 16.
- Do not mix construction materials with vegetative debris.
- Due to travel lane restrictions on Jolly Pond Road, everyone must use Chickahominy Road and Cranston’s Mill Pond Road to access the Convenience Center.
- Emergency officials remind citizens that roads with barricades are closed to ensure drivers’ safety. Do not drive around the barricades.
- Tewning Road and Toano Convenience Centers will be closed until electricity is provided.