September 27, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Renee Dallman, Communications Specialist
James City County schedules second debris collection
Final collection begins October 4
The second and final collection of vegetative and storm-related construction materials from Hurricane Irene begins Tuesday, Oct. 4 on all James City County public streets and private roads in gated communities.
In order to ensure that all debris is collected:
- Residents should have all remaining storm-related debris at the edge of the property line by the end of the day, Monday, Oct. 3.
- Debris should be stacked within 10 feet of the road. Logs up to 10-12 feet in length are acceptable.
- Avoid piling debris near hanging wires and anything that could be hit or damaged by the truck during collection, such as mailboxes, utility boxes and meters.
- Do not mix vegetative and construction debris or it will not be picked up.
- Do not include hazardous materials.
- Vegetative debris can be bagged in clear bags no larger than lawn or leaf-size (40 gallons or less).
Please note, this is the final collection for hurricane debris. For more information, call 757-259-4080.