N E W S R E L E A S E
Sept. 7, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Latara Branch, Civic Engagement Specialist
Navigate your local government
James City County will hold an open house at the Government Center, 101 Mounts Bay Rd., on Sept. 26 from 3-7 p.m. The event will feature information, giveaways and demonstrations to help residents learn more about the County services and departments that affect their daily lives.
- See a special JCC 101 presentation by the County Administrator
- Get child identification cards
- Register for Project Lifesaver
- Get tips for hurricane preparedness and fire safety
- Learn how public transit options can help you save on gas
- Get free blood pressure checks
- See a fire engine up close
- Register to vote or apply to vote absentee
- Learn about rain gardens and Fall planting tips
- Discover new volunteer and employment opportunities with the County
- Sign up to join the Citizens’ Ship Team and much more!
“We’re looking forward to the opportunity to meet with our citizens and answer questions about County services,” Robert C. Middaugh, County Administrator said. “Whether you are new to the County or have lived here for years, the open house will help you better navigate your local government.”
This event is part of the James City County Civic Engagement Initiative. For more information, call 757-259-4986.