N E W S R E L E A S E
Aug. 16, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jim Hill, Solid Waste Superintendent
James City County offers bulk trash pickup
James City County offers pre-paid bulk trash pickup for County residents for $75.
The following materials are accepted:
- 4 bulky items (washer, dryer, refrigerator, couch, chair, table, etc.) per appointment; or
- 4 cubic yards construction/demolition or miscellaneous debris per appointment; or
- 4 cubic yards yard waste (brush, grass, leaves) per appointment; or
- 2 cubic yards tree trunks (no more than 24 inches in diameter and 3 feet in length) per appointment; or
- 2 tree stumps (no more than 24 inches in diameter) per appointment
Neighbors can combine materials for a single pickup.
No hazardous, commercial or business waste will be accepted. All hazardous material should be taken to the County’s hazardous chemical collections which are held at Warhill High School, 4615 Opportunity Way, from 8 a.m.-noon on the second Saturday of February, April, June, August and October.
Request forms are available at the Treasurer’s Office, Satellite Services or online at jamescitycountyva.gov/bulkpickup. Upon receipt of payment, the resident will be contacted to schedule a service appointment. A County vehicle will pick up the items between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Materials must be roadside or curbside by 8 a.m. on the day of the appointment.
For more information, contact JCC Solid Waste at 757-565-0971 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.