101-A Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Division Home page
- Building Safety & Permits
- Development Management
- Engineering & Resource Protection
- Zoning Enforcement
Historical Commission Historic Preservation Awards
Historic Preservation Awards are presented annually by the Historical Commission to individuals, groups, or for-profit or non-profit organizations that make important contributions to preserve and protect the County’s rich heritage. When considering nominations, the Commission will take into account the following criteria:
- The act or project must have made an important contribution to the preservation of the County's history or its historic resources and may be the result of a single activity, project or a body of work.
- The historic contribution must have occurred within James City County or be directly related to James City County.
- The award may be presented to an individual, group, or organization acting in a volunteer capacity or as part of their professional work.
- If the project is the result of professional work, the project's success must have been of far greater impact and value than normally would be associated with the execution of those professional duties. The project must draw national or international attention to James City County's rich history.
- The award may be given posthumously.
Know someone deserving of this award? Submit a nomination.