Jamestown Beach Event Park
2205 Jamestown Rd
Williamsburg, VA 23185
The beachfront park is open daily 8 a.m. to sunset. Concessions are available Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., and on weekends, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., beginning Memorial Day Weekend to through Labor Day.
Jamestown Beach Event Park offers a summer of fun for you and your family! You can play in the sun, tan on the sand and watch the awesome sunsets at this family-friendly park! Guests may bring their own propane grill or use one of the park’s charcoal grills to prepare their favorite summer foods. The beachfront park is a great way to spend the day!
Park amenities include:
- A shaded picnic area with picnic tables and charcoal grills (The picnic area is not conducive to large group picnics, as space is limited and picnic tables are limited to two per group during peak hours. Picnic tables seat up to six people. Picnic tables, and grills, may not be held/reserved and they are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups interested in event space should contact 757-259-5360 for information on reserving space.)
- A designated fishing area (a freshwater license is required)
- An Observation Pier (for viewing only)
- An ADA-accessible walkway including a beach mat to make water access easier
- A restroom/concession facility that features a water fountain, cold drinks, bags of ice, snacks and ice cream
- Paddle craft launch/loading area
- Additional parking/second entrance
- Outdoor rinse stations
The beachfront park is dog-friendly too! Dogs must be under complete and immediate control of owners at all times and must be on a leash no longer than eight-feet. Owners are responsible for removing dog waste. Litter bags are available and guests should use only what they need while in the park. Off leash is appropriate when your dog is in the water or if you settle in a location where there are few people AND the dog is obedient. However, please defer to staff’s judgment as they may receive concerns from other visitors. We like to maintain an environment where everyone feels safe and will enjoy their experience, including dogs.
Want to camp? Jamestown Beach Event Park is minutes from Chickahominy Riverfront Park where camping is accommodated. The park is also within eight miles of Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg and Water Country USA, so include Jamestown Beach Event Park when you plan your vacation!
For more information, if you need assistance or have comments or concerns, please call the Parks Office at 757-259-5360, the Park Ranger at 757-592-1665 or email email@example.com. Please call 911 for all emergencies.
James River Watch (to check boating, fishing and water advisories, alerts and conditions)