Clean County Commissioners
Joined the Commission in order to improve the County environment.
- Established Jim Robertson Annual Environmental Award for James City County students.
- Primary person for Business Committee.
- Responsible for selecting recipients for the quarterly Clean Business Award.
- American Legion Post 1776
- James City Ruritans - Chair, Environmental Committee
Occupation - Retired
Born in New York State
Hobbies - Yard work, reading, many volunteer tasks
Joined commission with an interest in waste management and community involvement.
- Clean County Commission Annual Good Neighbor Environment Matching Grant Program
- Distributes Clean County Commission educational material and information to volunteers and others
- Periodically represents the Clean County Commission at various events
Occupation - Senior Tax Advisor
On the Committee with Jim Robertson that formed the original idea of the "Clean County (Commisssion)" in 1979 and 1980. Became interested again when told of a vacancy again in 2001. Sandy Wanner stated "We recycle people!"
- Was a Girl Scout volunteer then a professional Girl Scout
- Secretary-Treasurer for the Combined Veteran’s Organization Committee for Memorial Day & Veterans Day
- President of the Veterans of Foreign Wars - Aux 8046 Norge
- Past Auxiliary President of VFW District 3
- Past President of the United States Ballroom Dancers Association Williamsburg Chapter 6009
- Past Secretary on the Board of Directors for the Historic Triangle Senior Center
- Chief of Elections on the Electoral Board
- Fort Eustis Retiree Council - representing the surviving spouses in the military community
- Member James City Ruritan, Social Development Committee Chairman
Occupation - Retired Husband was transferred to Ft. Eustis in 1970, at which time the family moved here and after his retirement in 1975 he started a new career and the family became Virginia residents. Husband passed away in 1998. Five grown daughters, 18 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren.
Hobbies - Geneaology, Scrapbooking, and Traveling
Elizabeth (Betty) Peterson (2012-current)
Joined the commission with an interest in nature and environmental conservation. She assists in program development for the Clean County Commission and public outreach and education on recycling and litter prevention. Born in Detroit, MI where she spent most of her life before moving to Virginia in 1999. She has a B.S. degree in Medical Technology from the University of Michigan.
- Loves nature and is an avid birdwatcher
- Plays a great game of bridge!
- Violinist who loves teaching and making music and is currently the concertmaster of the Northern Neck Orchestra
Jerry coalgate (2013-current)
Joined the Commission to share his environmental expertise and to keep an active hand in environmental issues.
- Archaeology Interpreter at Historic Jamestown
- Chesapeake Bay cleanups
- Volunteer at various animal shelters
Occupation: Former environmental specialist for the federal government in solid/hazardous waste management and reclamation activities
Robert Marin (2012-current)
Joined the Commission to help keep JCC a clean and desirable place to live.
- 23rd Citizens Police Academy
- American Legion
- Citizen Leadership Academy
- VFW (Vietnam Veterans of America)
Occupation: U. S. Air Force, retired