James City Government
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Hours of Operation may vary
in some areas!
James City County supports regional efforts that support local citizens needs. The links below provide access to Hampton Roads regional partners and groups that serve citizens. Members of the Board of Supervisors are appointed annually to represent the County.
Planning and Transportation
- Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance (HREDA) represents the 15 individual counties and cities that comprise Hampton Roads. The Alliance highlights the unique individual assets of each municipality while emphasizing the collective strengths of the region to new and exisiting businesses.
- Hampton Roads Military and Federal Facilities Alliance (HRMFFA) is an initiative of the Hampton Roads Mayors and Chairs Caucus. The Alliance was established to collectively focus area efforts on preserving and growing Federal capabilities within the Hampton Roads region.
- Hampton Roads Partnership (HRP) is a public-private alliance convening community leaders to facilitate regional collaboration and to focus on key issues and actions directly related to enhancing our competitiveness in the global economy for a better quality of life for all citizens. HRP serves as the region’s strategic voice, including setting and advocating for the legislative agenda and the comprehensive region-wide economic development strategy, Vision Hampton Roads.
- Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC) is one of 21 Planning District Commissions in the Commonwealth of Virginia and is a regional organization representing the area's sixteen local governments.
- The Hampton Roads Transportation Planning Organization (HRTPO) is the intergovernmental transportation planning body for thirteen jurisdictions in Hampton Roads.
- askHRgreen.org – The askHRgreen.org: Water Awareness Subcommittee was established in 1994 as a regional coalition of 16 cities and counties in Southeastern Virginia. It is funded by all Hampton Roads communities through the Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC).
- Greater Peninsula Workforce Development Consortium’s (PCFWD) primary mission is to identify the workforce needs of Peninsula-based employers. The workforce innovations provide solutions to ensure that a highly skilled workforce meets these needs and builds economic wealth in the region.
- Peninsula Chamber of Commerce (VPCC) advocates and supports the economic and business interests of the Virginia Peninsula and the Region.
- Social Security Administration - Newport News and Hampton, Social Security Administration Office located at 11706 Jefferson Ave., Newport News and 1521 Hardy Cash Dr., Hampton
- HR CLEAN promotes litter prevention, recycling, community beautification and environmental awareness in the Hampton Roads and Tidewater area
- HR Green - HR Green is your one-stop site for news about all the terrific environment-friendly programs underway here in Virginia’s greater Hampton Roads region.