5249 Olde Towne Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
TDD for hearing impaired:
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Our Social Services programs are intended to help people to help themselves by:
- Temporarily helping residents to meet their basic needs, including food, shelter, utilities, and medical care
- Protecting children, the disabled and the elderly from abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Promoting self-sufficiency through employment
- Services of the Virginia Department of Social Services are provided without regard to race, color, national origin, handicap, sex, age, political beliefs or religious creed.
Check out the VA Adopt Campaign by clicking here:
- Adoption Services - court-ordered homes and special-needs children referrals
- Adult Protective Services - protection for elderly or disabled citizens
- Adult Services - helps elderly or disabled citizens remain independent
- Auxiliary Grant - supplemental income for assisted-living housed citizens meeting requirements
- Child Care - day care supplements to families meeting requirements
- Child Protective Services - abused, neglected children are entitled to this service
- Comprehensive Services Act (CSA)
- Employment Services/View - helps citizens broaden and develop job skills
- Energy Assistance - fuel assistance to families meeting requirements
- Foster Care - homes for children in need
- Foster Care Recruitment & training - become a foster care provider
- Fraud - investigations for false benefits requests
- General Relief - financial assistance to families meeting requirements
- Home-based Services - helps elderly or disabled citizens remain independent
- Medicaid - medical assistance to families meeting requirements
- Prevention Services - Provides case management to stabilize and support relatives and non-relatives caring for children ages 0-17.
- Special Needs - for citizens needing assistance during disasters
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - food / meal assistance to families meeting requirements
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families - short-term financial assistance to families meeting requirements