5249 Olde Towne Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
TDD for hearing impaired:
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Our Social Services programs are intended to help people to help themselves by:
- Temporarily helping residents to meet their basic needs, including food, shelter, utilities, and medical care
- Protecting children, the disabled and the elderly from abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Promoting self-sufficiency through employment
- Services of the Virginia Department of Social Services are provided without regard to race, color, national origin, handicap, sex, age, political beliefs or religious creed.
- Adoption Services
- Adult Prevention Program
- Adult Protective Services - protection for elderly or disabled citizens
- Adult Services - helps elderly or disabled citizens remain independent
- Auxiliary Grant - supplemental income for assisted-living housed citizens meeting requirements
- Child Care - day care supplements to families meeting requirements
- Child Protective Services - abused, neglected children are entitled to this service
- Children's Services Act (CSA)
- Employment Services/View - helps citizens broaden and develop job skills
- Energy Assistance - fuel assistance to families meeting requirements
- Foster Care - homes for children in need
- Foster Parent Recruitment & training - become a foster care provider
- Fraud - investigations for false benefits requests
- General Relief - financial assistance to families meeting requirements
- Home-based Services - helps elderly or disabled citizens remain independent
- Kinship Prevention Services - Provides case management to stabilize and support relatives and non-relatives caring for children ages 0-17.
- Medicaid - medical assistance to families meeting requirements
- Special Needs - for citizens needing assistance during disasters
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - food / meal assistance to families meeting requirements
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families - short-term financial assistance to families meeting requirements
To apply or screen for programs, visit CommonHelp.