Do you know families or people who need help? YOU can help them!
Tell them about Online Screening that will show if they may be eligible for food stamps, cash assistance, medical assistance, energy assistance, or child care.
Help them use Online Screening!
The Virginia Department of Social Services has web-based Online Screening that lets needy individuals see if they may be eligible for food stamps, cash assistance, children's health insurance, Medicaid for Pregnant Women, energy assistance and child care. The screening asks a few questions and provides a preliminary answer. It also provides the address of the local department of social services.
Please note: This preliminary screening does not take the place of an application and interview.
You can determine online whether you may be eligible for social services benefits. With the online eligibility screening function, simply enter your personal information to determine whether you may be eligible for food assistance, children’s health insurance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and more. Additionally, the Social Security Administration Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool (BEST) can determine if you are potentially eligible for Medicare, Social Security Disability, Social Security Retirement, and more.
- Go to www.dss.state.va.us
- Click on the words "Financial Assitance"
- Click on "Am I Eligible for Assistance?" at the top left side.
- Select the programs for which the household is to be screened.
- Enter the zipcode.
- Click on the submit button to proceed to the questionnaire.
- Read and answer each question.
- Click the "Click Here When Done" button.
- The confirmation page permits editing of answers.
- Submit the questionnaire and receive a preliminary screening result and the local agency address.
Please encourage individuals you know and those served by your organization to use this simple eligibility screening. If you have any questions, call 804-692-2376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org