5320 Palmer La., Suite 2A
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
What’s New in Stormwater
To learn how you can help lessen the impact of stormwater runoff, please visit:
Gordon Creek Watershed Management Plan
The Gordon Creek Watershed Management Plan was begun in 2006 and suspended in 2008 due to funding. Planning is again underway to finalize the watershed management plan and present the completed plan to watershed stakeholders and the Board of Supervisors.
The Next Steps to Complete the Gordon Creek Watershed Management Plan
- Draft Watershed Management Plan: Draft recommendations with costs, responsible parties, and detail sufficient for implementation. Target due date: February 2010
- Stakeholder Meeting: A meeting for watershed stakeholders to gather input on watershed goals, maps and recommendations. Meeting held March 11, 2010 - see summary below.
- Final Watershed Management Plan: After review and comment by watershed stakeholders, incorporating review comments. Target due date: May 2010
Completed Materials for Review
- Watershed Map
- Baseline Report: Watershed and subwatershed boundaries are delineated and estimates of current and future impervious cover.
- Stakeholder Comments: Two stakeholder meetings have been held to share results and gather input.
Final Draft Watershed Plan
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Watershed Goals
- Watershed Recommendations
- Stormwater Master Plan
- Strategic Action Plan
- Subwatershed Management
- Appendix A - Freedom Park Master Plan
- Appendix B - Stakeholder Process
- Appendix D - Corrective Action Monitoring Plan
Gordon Creek Watershed Slideshow
Your Input Matters!
The Gordon Creek Watershed Management Plan is for our community and your comments will affect the actions the County undertakes and the watershed goals for the next 5 to 10 years! Send your comments to email@example.com by April 11, 2010, for consideration in the final plan.
You can participate by:
Subscribing to the Stormwater Division e-mail subscription list to receive updates about watershed planning efforts in the County. Watch this site for updates and draft reports. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you think.
Attend the next Gordon Creek Stakeholder meeting in February 2010 (Details to follow).