Voter Registration and
101-E Mounts Bay Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
P.O. Box 3567
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Voter Registration office has moved to Building E, effective July 1, 2014.
For information on absentee voting, call 757- 253-6868.
ID Requirements at the Polls
Voters are required to show ID before voting or vote a Provisional Ballot.
Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Virginia Voter Registration Card
- Social Security Card
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License
- Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit
- Valid Student ID issued by any institution of higher education located in Virginia
- Valid Employee ID Card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by the employer in the ordinary course of business
- ID issued by a Government Agency of:
- The Commonwealth of Virginia, or
- One the Commonwealth’s political subdivisions (counties, cities, towns, etc.), or
- The United States
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, or paycheck that shows the name and address of the voter
Special ID Requirements for Federal Elections Only
In accordance with the Help America Vote Act Of 2002,* any first time voter who registered by mail after January 1, 2003, and did not include an ID with his or her application must provide one of the following types of identification at the polls at their first federal election:
- A current and valid photo identification, or
- A copy of one of the following current documents containing the voter’s name and address:
- A utility bill
- Bank statement
- Government check or other government document (including a Virginia Voter Registration Card)
- A document from any federal, state, or local government agency
If there is no acceptable form of ID, the voter may receive a provisional ballot.