Welcome to James City County
We are delighted you have chosen to share your talent and skills with our organization.
New Hire Forms
Complete and print the following new hire forms. Bring these forms and the required documentation for the direct deposit form (voided check OR a letter from your bank(s)) AND Form I-9 (see page 9 of Form I-9 for listing) to the Human Resource Department:
- Form I-9 - Complete Section 1. Instructions for how to complete the form available here.
- Federal Tax (W-4) (PDF) - Complete Sections 1-7 on page 1, sign, and date
- State Tax (VA-4) (PDF) - Complete Income Tax Withholding Exemption Certificate at bottom of page 1, sign, date
- Employee Information Form (PDF) - Complete all sections
- Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Salaried employees are paid semi-monthly on the 14th and 28th of the month.
- Hourly employees are paid according to the Payroll Schedule (PDF).
Prepare for Benefits Enrollment*
Tip: You can download and save the guide for future reference.
- Benefits Guide for Full-Time Employees (PDF) 40-hours per week
- Benefits Guide for Part-Time Employees (PDF) 30-39 hours per week
- Benefits Guide for Part-Time Employees (PDF) 20-29 hours per week
- Benefits Guide for Part-Time Employees (PDF) 19 hours or less per week
Benefits Enrollment Presentations
- Benefits Presentation for Full-Time Employees (Video)
- Benefits Presentation for Part-Time Employees (VIdeo)
*Newly hired Temporary and On-Call employees are not eligible for benefits. Should eligibility requirements be met under the Affordable Care Act, health insurance information will be provided.
*Benefits offered vary depending on place of work. For example, the Commonwealth Attorney's Office and the Clerk of the Circuit Court do not participate in the County's Leave Program. Exceptions will be explained during benefits orientation.