Proper Disposal Tips
JCC Convenience Center Locations
- Never pour grease down sink drains or into toilets.
- Scrape grease and food scraps from trays, plates, pots, pans, utensils, and grills and cooking surfaces into a can or the trash for disposal.
- Pour fats, oils and grease into a container such as an empty jar or coffee can. Once the materials have cooled and solidified and the container is full, secure the lid and place it in the trash or take it to any of the JCC Convenience Centers.
- Don’t put grease down garbage disposals. Put baskets/strainers in sink drains to catch food scraps and other solids, and empty the drain baskets/strainers into the trash for disposal.
- Communicate with your friends and neighbors about the problem of grease in your sewer system and how to keep it out. The solution starts right in your home with your actions.
1204 Jolly Pond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188
107 Tewning Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188
185 Industrial Boulevard, Toano, VA 23168
Ever wonder what happens to the fats, oils and grease that you take to the James City County Convenience Centers?
Valley Proteins recycles the contents of the fats, oils and grease recycling containers and supplies fats and protein for animal feed, pet food, and heating oil.