Curbside Recycling Program
What Are My Recycling Options?
- Free curbside recycling available to all County households through Sept. 30, 2019
- Free separated recycling drop-off available at all 3 recycling convenience centers
- Opt out of recycling
- Opt out online or call customer service at 757-253-6700.
- Continue to reduce and reuse packaging waste as much as you can!
- Leave the cart at the front of your property where it is visible and accessible.
Billing & Procedures
- Curbside recycling services will continue to be paid for by the County through Sept. 30
- For services beginning on Oct. 1, the fee is $7 per household per month
- Payments can be made through the James City County Treasurer’s Office and the Satellite Services Office in Toano
- Services will be pre-paid quarterly
- The first bill will be mailed Aug. 15 with a due date of Sept. 15
- You may opt out of the program after July 1
- The new curbside service provided by TFC Recycling will continue every 2 weeks on the same schedule as the current program
- Recycling haulers will not collect any items left outside the cart
- Your new cart will be 96 gallons and is gray with a tan lid
- If you currently have a 35 gallon cart your new cart will also be 35 gallons
- If you would like to change the size of the cart call 757-253-6700
- The new cart will be delivered between June 15 and June 30
- Your old cart will be picked up by County Waste at the time of the last recycling collection in June
- A "bag of knowledge" detailing all of the information regarding the new program will be attached to your new cart at time of delivery
Curbside Recycling 101
Learn about why we recycle, what we recycle and how we recycle.
Request Recycling Services
Our curbside recycling program serves approximately 25,000 homes. If you live in the service area, a recycling cart and brochure will be delivered to your home upon request. Contact the Recycling Hotline at 757-253-6700 or via email to determine if curbside recycling is available in your area.
Curbside collection is provided bi-weekly. View the weekly schedule calendar (PDF).