I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County/James City County:
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247) April 8-13, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, on April 8-13, as follows:
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- **Detour signs will be in place. All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Yorktown Road, Penniman Road and Jefferson Avenue at the I-64 overpasses on April 8-13, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from 1 mile east of Route 199 Lightfoot exit 234 (mile marker 233) to Colonial Parkway (mile marker 240.5) April 8-13, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. for soil boring operations.
VDOT encourages motorists to “Know Before You Go” and plan your trip with free tools:
- Download the 511 smartphone app
- Visit the 511 Virginia website
- Dial 511 for traffic information on your phone
- Listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM
Emergency After-Hours: 757-925-2584