Correction - The Emergency Operations Center will open at 8 a.m. on Sept. 13, not 8 p.m. We apologize for the confusion.
- James City County government offices, parks and the Recreation Center will be closed Sept. 13-15.
- The James City County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will open at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13.
- All Williamsburg James City County Schools will be closed Sept. 12 and will remain closed until further notice. All after-school activities on Sept. 12 are canceled.
What You Can Do Now
- Sign up for www.jccalert.org
- Know Your Zone www.jamescitycountyva.gov/knowyourzone
- Check your emergency plans and supplies – www.ready.gov/hurricanes.
- Check with your neighbors, especially the elderly and those without access to the Internet.
- Prepare your home. Bring loose, lightweight objects inside that could become projectiles in high winds such as patio furniture and garbage cans. Anchor objects that would be unsafe to bring inside such as propane tanks and trim or remove trees close enough to fall on the building.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts to prevent flooding and unnecessary pressure on awnings.
Renee Dallman, Public Information Officer